It seems like CD Projekt Red’s promise to keep supporting Cyberpunk 2077 is still going strong as the developers have just started rolling out Hotfix 1.22 for the game and it is now available on PC, consoles, as well as Google Stadia.
The latest update weighs 1.5GB on Steam, but size might vary on other platforms or storefronts. The official description reads about how this hotfix is released to take care of most of the frequently reported issues that users have encountered since the last patch. In addition to that, it also brings more improvement and stability to the performance of the game.
The patch notes are below.
Quests & Open World
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny’s appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn’t follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako’s parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
- Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.
- GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
- Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.
- It’s no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available.
As you can see, the patch notes for the 1.22 Hotfix are not as extensive as some of the other updates we have seen over the past couple of months. But it is also important to note that it is just a hotfix and the developers are constantly working on improving the state of the game.
The hotfix is currently rolling out across all the platforms and storefronts, so you can get started with the download.