As of writing this, PUBG 12.2 update is finally live on PC test servers, and the most notable addition that has found its way to the game is the 8×8 map called Taego, and this time you are getting a brand new second-chance system. This should sound familiar to the Call of Duty: Warzone players, and is a clear inspiration from Warzone, but with more complexities.
The new feature is called Comeback BR and the implementation works more like a compact Battle Royale mode inside the main round. Instead of a standard 1v1 showdown like Warzone’s Gulag, if you go down before the first Blue Zone, you get transported to the Comeback Arena where you basically just have to stay alive for a certain amount of time. For anyone who succeeds, you get the chance to come back to the match in its third phase, and all your gear will be with you. You can check the trailer below.
At the time of writing, the Comeback BR is exclusive to the Taego map, along with another feature that will allow you to give yourself another chance Self AED. This is a world-loot item that lets you self revive. Last but not the least, the map also includes birds that will react to your movement as well as gunfire, which is a great indicator of giving away a hidden player’s position.
Update 12.2 also has a number of other tweaks, changes, and additions. You are getting two new rifles, a new car, a new Survivor Pass that is focused on the Taego map. You can see the full list of changes below.
New Map: Taego
- Taego is available as the Featured Map.
- Playable in TPP and FPP.
- Solo and Squads, including 1-man Squad Modes, are available.
- Duos are not available.
- Depending on your region, available modes and perspectives will vary.
- Up to 100 players.
- Bots can spawn.
- Clear weather.
- No Red Zone.
- Wildlife: Two friendly bird varieties reside throughout Taego, reacting to player movement and gunfire.
- Taego is available in Custom Matches.
- Sandbox Mode is available for PUBG Partners.
- Comeback BR is a Taego exclusive second-chance mechanic allowing players who die during the first Blue Zone phase the chance to drop back into the fight later in the match.
- Players who die during the first Blue Zone phase battle it out in the Comeback Arena, a location separate from the main Taego Battleground. Survivors who remain alive long enough in the Comeback Arena are transported by helicopter back to the Taego mainland in phase 3 to resume their fight for the Chicken Dinner.
- Comeback BR is exclusive to Taego Squad matches.
- Players who die before the first Blue Zone phase ends are eligible and see a timer indicating when Comeback BR begins.
- At least one Squad member must be alive on the Battlegrounds for teammates to remain eligible to enter Comeback BR.
- All eligible participants are sent simultaneously to the Comeback Arena, separate from the main fight, and must find loot and items to stay alive, competing against other survivors.
- There are no bots or knockdowns in Comeback BR.
- Survive the timer indicated while fighting in the Comeback Arena, and you’ll be transported back to the Taego mainland via helicopter with all your items and gear to continue your fight for the Chicken Dinner.
- While health and boost levels are reset upon returning to the fight, your kills and stats are still recorded.
- Similar to Comeback BR, the Self AED is another Taego exclusive second-chance mechanic, giving players another opportunity to stay in the fight. The Self AED is a world-loot item that allows players to revive themselves when DBNO, without the need of a teammate, and can be used in Solo and Squad matches.
- Press the interact button or click the Self AED in your inventory to activate the self-revive.
- Cannot be canceled once started.
- Cannot be used while already being revived by another teammate.
- Squads: The Self AED can be used even if your entire Squad is DBNO, as a teammate holding the Self AED prevents your Squad from being immediately eliminated.
- This gives you chance to self-revive and then revive your teammates.
- If the whole Squad remains DBNO, you will be eliminated once all players with a Self AED are killed.
- Solo: Having a Self AED allows you to enter DBNO instead of being instantly killed.
- Self AED uses are recorded as revives in your stats.
Introducing the K2; a world-spawn 5.56mm caliber AR popularized in the 80s and 90s era of which Taego is born. Firing in single, burst, or full-auto for combat versatility. Only available on Taego in Normal and Custom Matches.
The Mk12 is a new hard-hitting, high-velocity 5.56mm caliber DMR exclusive to Taego, found as world-loot across the map in Normal and Custom Matches.
New Vehicle: Pony Coupe
Hyundai’s first concept car, the Pony Coupe, has arrived in PUBG and is exclusive to Taego! Drive Hyundai’s heritage Pony Coupe, featuring an all-wheel drive design for enhanced control across the diverse terrain of the Battlegrounds.
The Pony Coupe design was created by the master of automotive design, Giorgetto Giugiaro, and is a coupe concept car that first premiered at the Turin Motor Show in 1974. The next-generation electric vehicle model IONIQ5 was designed with a lot of inspiration from the Pony Coupe.
Maximum HP: 1,000
Maximum Speed: 150 km/h
The all-wheel-drive (AWD) system ensures maximum traction in rough conditions.
While being a 4-seater vehicle, due to the characteristics of a coupe, passengers in the back seats cannot shoot out of the vehicle.
Survivor Pass: Taego
- Introducing our newest Survivor Pass themed around our latest map, Taego!
- We’ve made multiple changes to the Survivor Pass system this update, including adding bonus rewards for those players who play past level 50. Read on for full details.
- Survivor Pass Level-Up Tickets Purchase Methods Update
- Level-up tickets can be purchased in units of 1 level on the Survivor Pass page after upgrading the Survivor Pass to Premium.
- Level-up coupons are applied at the time of purchase, and can only be purchased until reaching level 50.
- After reaching level 50, you can only level up with XP obtained through missions or gameplay.
- We have prepared a bonus reward for players who have reached level 50.
- Players who have reached level 50 and upgraded the Survivor Pass to Premium can further level up and receive bonus rewards such as medals, emblems, and G-Coin.
- Keep playing until the Survivor Pass ends to earn all your bonus rewards.
- Survivor Pass: Taego Weapon and Level Pack (3,270 G-Coin)
- SURVIVOR PASS: TAEGO, Kar98K Skin, 30 Levels
- Survivor Pass: Taego Weapon Pack (990 G-Coin)
- SURVIVOR PASS: TAEGO, Kar98K Skin