Contrary to what a lot of us thought at the start, Watch Dogs: Legion has found itself to be a sleeping success for Ubisoft and is enjoying good reception along with good content support from the developers too.
Ubisoft is finally on the track of delivering the content that was promised for the game as the first big update titled Watch Dogs Legion Update 1 is finally dropping tomorrow and It brings both free and paid season content, new missions, as well as new a playable hero, along with co-op operatives, missions, and a lot more.
Ubisoft shared a trailer that you can check out below.
Video: YouTube/Ubisoft North America
In addition to that, the new update is bringing a lot of new features that are more than what I initially thought would be.
- 2 new Operatives: the DJ & the First Responder
- Operative Customization: players can customize their Operatives’ hair and body art
- 5 new Operative abilities
- Pickpocket: Operatives can earn currency on each takedown
- Second Wind: Operatives quickly regain health when defeating enemies
- Wanted: Albion or Clan Kelley enemies will attack upon detection anywhere in London
- Hoarder: Operatives can loot and carry more ammo
- Stuntman: Operatives take less damage from falls, explosions, and collisions with vehicles
- 3 Co-op Missions:
- In “Dysfunction,” a pair of mysterious Clan Kelley hackers, known only as of the Cousins, have laid London’s court systems low in a DDoS attack, demanding as ransom the dismissal of all cases against Kelley family members.
- In “Meltdown,” Clan Kelley has killed four Tidis employees at Southwark Incinerator. Bagley believes Clan Kelley has bought an experimental plasma weapon, which has a half-life so short it’s only detectable in a body for a short time after death.
- In “Repossession,” Albion has a cache of data drives belonging to the original DedSec, and they plan to use the drives to pinpoint the location of active DedSec Operatives.
- 5 new solo Assignments
- 2 Co-op Gadgets:
- Guardian Drone: A Tidis Guardian Drone that escorts and supports nearby Operatives
- Point Defense Drones: A throwable device that deploys a cloud of drones to block incoming fire
The update also brings content for season pass holders that include the following.
- A new playable hero character, Mina Sidhu: Once a test subject, Mina Sidhu now wields the power of mind control and can take full control of an enemy with her Mind-Control Device, the OMNI Optik. She is also equipped with a Mental Blast that can disrupt nearby enemies.
- A new DedSec Stories mission, Swipe Right: In this new single-player mission, DedSec discovers that someone in London is conspiring with an Egyptian minister to sell off the country’s antiquities, with the money going to fund violent insurgents
However, things don’t end just here as Ubisoft has also promised that Watch Dogs: Legion will be getting a free update that will include more PvP modes, as well as a new Tactical Op that will arrive by the end of this month. A new story expansion that features Aiden Pearce will be arriving this June, along with an Assassin’s Creed crossover happening in August.