The thrill of playing games is awesome, and it bears no disruption at all. The fun extends when you use a PS4 for playing games. The gameplay is going smooth until you face the network error in your PS4. It happens when it loses the Wi-Fi connection then you ask yourself “Why does ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi?”
You fix it and continue using it. But if this problem repeats, It may accumulate frustration in you.
But before you get angry and do something aggressive. Here you will find the answer. You will diagnose the reason for Wi-Fi disconnection, find a solution for it. You will also learn an alternative to use to avoid these issues.
First thing first, let’s diagnose:
Why does PS4 keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
Well, this question can be answered in few ways. You can encounter this issue due to two major reasons: Technical fault or human error.
The PlayStation, shortly PS, is a Video Game console. A combination of monitor and keyboard or controller compiles a Console. The PS is the brand developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Sometimes, the PlayStation faces issues in its software that interrupt the connection of Wi-Fi. More than that, it could be due to the faulty manufacturing of the PS4.
One of the major issues that cause the disconnection from Wi-Fi is related to frequency bands. We need to and check whether it is fine or not.
But there is nothing to worry about. You can fix them yourself!
To err is human. This is a common saying and confirmed in this case. We are human beings, and it is normal for us to make errors in setting up the PlayStation.
The placement of the router is not satisfactory. It is not according to the given instruction which is causing the issue with the network connection. Also, there may be powerful signals of someone else’s devices. These signals can interact with the network connection of the PS4. The interaction could result in the disconnection of the Wi-Fi.
After you successfully diagnosed the cause of it, you can fix it.
How to fix it?
After you know the answer to “Why PS4 keep disconnecting from WiFi?” you will ask, “How to fix it?”
As the reasons are different, you need to match the best possible solution for it. Let’s talk about the list of all possible solutions. We will start from simple and hike through advanced solutions.
#1. Restarting the Application:
Simply close the game you are playing if you face a connection problem. It is simple yet effective.
To properly close the game, you need to do this:
- Click on the Home Button, the home screen will open.
- Press on the Options Button on your controller.
- A menu will pop up.
- Select the “Close the game” option.
- Your game is closed correctly. Restart it, and the bug is cleaned.
#2. Resetting the Console:
You can reset your PS4 to fix the problem, and it works! You can lose your data due to it. That’s why make sure to back up all your data before doing this.
You can follow these steps to reset your PS4 easily:
- Turn off your PS4.
- Hold the Power Button for few seconds until you hear a beep sound.
- Connect the Dualshock 4 controller to your PS4 using a USB cable.
- Now, you can select either “INITIATE PS4” or “RESTART PS4”. The prior option will wipe your data while the latter will not.
#3. Rearranging Your Setup:
If other devices surround your PS4 with strong signals, they will interact with your PS4. This will result in a connection problem. Rearranging may help in its solution.
#4. Selecting a Frequency Band Manually:
As mentioned earlier, the Frequency Band can be a problem for your PS4. Frequency Band needs to be matched for faster and lag-free gaming. A PS4 may support 2.4 GHz or 5GHz (Gigahertz; the unit of frequency). It can work on one of them only. But a PS4 may select one for faster performance, but it may be unsupportable for the PS4 and could lead to the loss of connection.
I suggest you manually select the frequency band. You can do so by following these steps:
- Navigate to Setting. Then go to Network > Setup Internet Connection > Use Wi-Fi > Easy.
- Search for “Options Menu” that you will find at the bottom of the screen. Select it.
- Click on the “Wi-Fi Frequency Bands.” You can select either a 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz band.
#5. Changing the DNS Setting on PS4:
DNS is short for Domain Name Setting of the PS4. It can fix the internet issue and also can make it faster. Follow these steps to change your DNS:
- Go to Setting > Network > Setup Internet Connection.
- Click on Wi-Fi and then select Custom.
- Set ”Automatic“ for IP address setting.
- Set “Manual” for DNS setting.
- Type these values to customize your Wi-Fi setting in your PS4.
- Enter Primary as 22.214.171.124 and Secondary as 126.96.36.199.
- Set “Automatic” for MTU Setting and “Do Not Use” for Proxy Server.
- Finally, test your internet connection.
These five solutions will help you eliminate the issue and enjoy smooth gameplay.
Try this instead:
If you still encounter the problem, try to connect your PS4 directly to the internet through Ethernet. You can do so to get rid of the problem at all. You can do this by simply connecting your Internet Router to the PS4 directly.
A quick recap to the answer of “why does my PS4 keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi?” is:
Your PS4 can lose connection from Wi-Fi due to either technical faults or human error.
To fix it, we can try different methods. They are:
- You can restart the application on your PS4.
- You can reset the console.
- By rearranging your setup of PS4, you can eliminate the signal interaction.
- It can be fixed if you select a Frequency Band Manually according to your need.
- Changing the DNS Setting on PS4 can enhance your internet performance.
When you follow these steps, your gaming experience will enhance, and you will enjoy using your PS4.