The Intel Hub
April 4, 2012
In recent years a significant number of US government agencies have purchased over 750 million rounds of .40 caliber ammo. What is more interesting is that these agencies operate primary inside the country, which leads us to believe they are preparing for some sort of nationwide violent event.
Winchester Ammunition won a contract to supply no less than 200 million rounds of .40 caliber hollow point ammo to DHS in 2009.
Washington, D.C. The ICE (Immigration, Customs and Enforcement) division of the DHS awarded Winchester Ammunition a contract to provide up to 200 million , .40 caliber rounds until 2015. Source
It seems like this purchase was only the beginning.
The Department of Homeland Security ordered 450 million more .40 caliber rounds from ATK (with no deadline) in March 2012.
ATK will provide up to 450 million rounds of .50 cal. rounds to the Department of Homeland Security. This is a major deal with Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity.
This massive purchase of ammunition comes at a time when a lot of people think that DHS and other state agencies will turn their sights on the US citizens during some sort of national unrest scenario.
“We are glad to be the prime supplier of .40 cal. duty ammunition for ICE”, said Ron Johnson, who is the president of Atk Sporting Group, reported a PR Newswire release.
Apparently the DHS is not the only state agency who ordered recently a large amount of ammunition of this type.
The FBI has the right to make multiple award for a fixed price indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity contract under solicitation number RFP-OSCU-TD2WP7101.
It is a 1 year contract with 4 option years, and the supplier will provide .40 cal. ammo compatible with pistols currently in use by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The US Forest Service and the US Fish and Wildlife Service didn’t want to miss out on this opportunity, so they ordered 320,000 rounds of ammo and 13,500 rounds, respectively.
Date: Sep 28, 2011
(1) 40 cal., 180 grain, 120,000 rounds or equivalent
(2) 9 mm, 124 grain, 50,000 rounds or equivalent
(3) .38 cal., 135 grain, 10,000 rounds or equivalent
(4) .380 cal., 90 grain, 6,000 rounds or equivalent
(5) .223 cal., 64 grain, 87,500 rounds or equivalent
(6) 12 gauge 00 buck, 15,000 rounds or equivalent
(7) 40 cal. frangible, 10,000 rounds or equivalent
(8) 9 cal. frangible, 10,000 rounds or equivalent
(9) .223 cal. frangible, 10,000 rounds or equivalent
(10) 12 gauge 1 oz slug, 7,500 rounds or equivalent
The ammunition will be delivered to Albuquerque, NM.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services is seeking the following items:
1. Frangible bullets from Remington for .40 Caliber Pistol – 2,500 rounds
2. Remington Ammunition for .40 .Cal Pistol (180 grain) FMJ – 6,000 rounds
3. 3,000 rounds of .223 Caliber Rifle Ammunition from Remington (62 grain) FMJ
4. 2,000 rounds of FX Marking Cartridges (9 mm) from Remington – 2,000 rounds
It still remains a mistery why the government wants to purchase such a large amount of ammo for use inside the country and at the same time attemps to label citizens who support 2A as possible terrorists?