Minecraft, a sandbox video game, is famous among gamers and it is one of the most popular games. In this game, players can create their own worlds applying different modes focusing on building to survive.
There is a community of gamers that often connect with each other’s world in order to interact and play together in one frame with each other in a single world.
Many users of Minecraft report about the issue they face with a message of “Unable to connect to the world” and it is faced by the users who have gaming consoles like PS4 and Xbox.
Today this article will help you to solve this issue on your consoles.
Let’s dive into solving this issue for both PS4 and Xbox.
What’s this “Minecraft Unable to Connect to World” error?
Whats is this error? why it usually occurs? Minecraft PE offers dual gameplay to the users regardless of the systems they are using.
The only requirement of Minecraft is that both the user’s at their ends must have the same Minecraft edition in order to connect to the world. Suppose if you have PE (pocket edition) or Java edition the other party must have the same edition as you have.
This error usually occurs when you try to access the world of other users in multiplayer mode either in Xbox or PS4.
How to Fix “unable to connect to world minecraft xbox”:
Two main reasons are behind the cause of this error on Xbox. The first and foremost reason is related to NAT (network address translation), which needs to be set to open, in order to provide consent to you to play multiplayer games without any inconvenience.
Let’s explain them in steps:
- Clicking the Xbox button will lead to the opening of the guide.
- Choose profile & system > General > Network settings.
- Under current network status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type needs your NAT type to be open to resolving this issue. Make sure there are no further errors like Double NAT detected or UPnP not successfully displayed.
If you are countering any of these issues, then you may have to change the settings of your router. You can even contact your ISP provider if you need support with this.
The other possible problem with your Xbox might be that its privacy settings do not allow you to play multiplayer games online. For Minecraft you could do the following:
- Go to http://account.xbox.com/ for further information. Then use your parental account to log in
- Choose a profile from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click Privacy Settings on your profile page.
- You should see your name and your child’s Microsoft Gamertag on this page. Click on their name or image to learn more about them.
- Right underneath the player names/profiles, choose Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
- You’ll see that you may play with individuals who aren’t on Xbox Live – this must be set to Allow.
- You’ll also need to change the “You can create and join clubs” setting immediately below it to Allow if you want them to be able to access Realms.
- Go to the below portion of the page and hit the Submit button.
Fixing error in PS4:
As for the PS4, if the parental settings are not right, you might face the same error.
Steps to adjust parental controls:
- On your PS4, go to Settings > Parental Controls/Family Management > Family Management. You may need to re-enter your account and password.
- Select the child account you want to set restrictions on and select a feature to adjust.
Likewise, if your NAT settings are wrong this also creates impediments for playing multiplayer gaming.
Minecraft PE Unable to Connect to World | Fixed:
Update the latest version:
If you want to join the friend’s world in Minecraft, you and your friend must have the same version in order for both of you to play together.
Delete the extra amount of saved data:
You might also try deleting saved data from storage if some files aren’t working. After that, re-enter your Minecraft username and password, and then try to connect to the server.
Check internet connection:
Sometimes internet connection may not work properly, and the speed of the internet is very slow due to which message of the “unable to connect to the world”. So it is preferred to use a wired internet connection.
Disable Antivirus for a Limited Time:
Antivirus software can prevent Minecraft files from being opened. As a result, your Minecraft is unable to connect to the outside world. I propose temporarily disabling antivirus to test whether Minecraft is still functioning.
Remove and re-add friends:
If nothing else works, you might try removing the buddy from your contact list in Minecraft and re-adding it. It allows a large number of users to connect with the rest of the globe.
The above-mentioned steps and ways would definitely help you to solve your problem in solving the error of “unable to connect to world” Minecraft PE (pocket edition) either you have a PS4 or Xbox.