When talking about the PlayStation, it is a vast revolution in the gaming industry. Thanks to Sony –the Japanese Tech Giant-to give us the standard console to enjoy our favorite games. Anything can be most fabulous, but nothing can be perfect.
This statement has been proved by the PS4 Error NP-36006-5. It is an exasperating and disappointing issue with your PS4 that repeats multiple times and destroys your gaming taste. Every time you try to use the PlayStation Network (PSN), the error pops up on your screen reading as:
“You will be logged out of the PS4 due to an error (NP-36006-5).”
It holds you back from entering the multiplayer rivals of the games. Ultimately, it destroys the quality time you were spending playing the game.
But there is nothing to worry about. You will get to know the culprits behind this issue, and you will get solutions to try against them and eliminate the error. Keep reading, and here we go:
Why PS4 Error NP-36006-5 Occurs?
First thing first, let’s ask the question, Why did you encounter PS4 Error NP-36006-5? It is a mandatory step to answer this question. The answer to this question will make it easy for you to diagnose and treat the error with ease and grace
The reasons could be many, but the primary reasons have proved to be three. They are:
- The PlayStation Network (PSN) app has got a critical issue.
- The user files are crashed due to unsafe and abrupt unplugging of the gaming console.
- Lastly, the issue could be due to your trophies in the game. If they do not sync to your PSN server, you will encounter the highlighted error, and it will hold you back from launching the game.
At this stage, you will have a clear mind about the culprits behind the error. Simply fix the above three mentioned causes, and you will get a fine working PS4.
How to Fix PS4 Error NP-36006-5?
Everything has some problem because it is created by a human. And you know it well that to err is human, and to correct it is divine. So, the manufacturing company Sony does not leave you alone searching for solutions for the issue. They have illustrated the solution on their official website. Keep reading and try any of the given methods to get your PS4 to work appropriately and effectively.
Method 1: Create a New User Profile:
As the primary reason for the error was the synchronization issue of your PSN. The primary factor behind this issue may be your User profile. So, deleting the old one and creating a new one will fix the issue quickly.
But before you create a new user profile, make sure to back up your game data. So, you could avoid facing a massive loss of progress. Here is how to do it:
Step 1: Create a Backup:
To create a backup of the user data on your PS4, do as you read below:
- Open the PS4 menu and head over to Settings.
- Move to System followed by Back Up and Restore menu.
- Choose the Backup PS4 option and save Trophies by syncing it to the PSN.
Hooray! You are done with the first step.
Step 2; Remove the Existing User Profile:
It is an easy and essential step. Here are the steps:
- Go back to the Settings menu.
- Search for the Users.
- Head over to the problematic User Profile and Delete.
- The old profile is no more available, and you need to create a new user profile.
- After the profile creation, restore the backed-up data. It will retrieve all your past progress.
As you create a new profile and restore the backed-up data, try launching the game. You won’t face the issue again.
Method 2: Delete the Trophies:
It was mentioned that the cause of the issue is that the trophies of your game are unable to synchronize with the PSN server. It means that lack of synchronization will make it prominent to display the error code.
You can fix it by following the given steps down here:
- In your game, move to the Trophy.
- Select a game with 0 trophies.
- Press Options followed by pressing the Delete button displayed on the right of the screen.
You are done with deleting the trophies of the game encountering issues. It means that you won’t face the issue again.
Other than these:
If the problem persists (that is likely not possible), you can try other hacks, too.
- Try to restart your PS4 console in Safe Mode and Select Option 6.
- If it still does not solve the issue, try restarting your PS4 console in Safe Mode and select Option 7.
It will surely fix the issue.
If you read the methods mentioned above and apply them, you are indeed a step closer to eliminating and avoiding the PS4 Error NP-36006-5. Once the error is fixed, you will be able to launch any game by joining your friend or random players around the globe via multiplayer mode.
Here’s a quick recap of the causes and solutions:
The causes were:
- Problem with PlayStation Network (PSN).
- Game files are crashed due to an abrupt unplugging of the console during the game.
- Your Trophies are not synchronized to your PSN server.
You will solve the causes mentioned above by following these two methods:
- By Creating a New User Profile.
- Deleting the trophies of a problematic game.
It will solve your issue, and you will get past the error to launch your game and enjoy.